Apple has taken the wraps off its latest smartphone, dubbed the Apple iPhone SE. Called as the ‘special edition’, the iPhone SE is an enhanced version of the iPhone 5s and comes with a 4-inch Retina display.
On aesthetics front, it looks identical to the iPhone 5s and flaunts its matte finish design for better grip. The phone will be available in Rose Gold color, in addition to Space Gray, Silver and Gold color options. As for specifications, it boasts of the latest hardware and is said to be the most powerful 4-inch smartphone ever.
Under the hood, the iPhone SE is powered by Apple A9 processor and M9 co-processor. On the front, it features a 4-inch HD Retina display and runs latest iOS 9.3 operating system. On camera front, it sports a 12 mega pixel iSight camera with dual LED flash, slow-motion 1080p videos at 60fps, 720p HD video recording at 240fps and 4K video recording. There is also a 1.2 mega pixel HD FaceTime camera with Retina Flash. The device supports Live Photos feature and Always On Hey Siri feature as well. Connectivity options which the phone offers, include 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC.
Specifications & Features Of Apple iPhone SE
- Processor: Apple A9 (M9 co-processor)
- Operating System: iOS 9.3
- Display: 4-inch HD Retina Display (1136×640‑pixel resolution, 326 ppi pixel density)
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel iSight camera with dual LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, slow-motion 1080p videos at 60fps, 720p HD video recording at 240fps, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 1.2 mega pixel HD FaceTime camera with Retina Flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC
- Dimensions: 123.8×58.6×7.6 mm
- Weight: 113 grams
- Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
Price & Availability
The Apple iPhone SE comes in two storage variants. The16GB variant costs $399 (Rs. 26,500 approximately) while the 64GB variant is priced at $499 (Rs. 33,000 approximately). Pre-orders for the phone will begin on March 24 and sale will begin from March 31 in the US. As for the Indian market, the iPhone SE will be launched in early April with a price tag of Rs. 39,000 for the 16GB storage variant.
Also Read: Apple iPad Pro Launched In India