Asus PadFone mini PF400CG has been launched in India. It is a mini smartphone-tablet hybrid with a 4-inch smartphone that fits into a 7-inch Padfone station. When the smartphone is fitted into the dock, whatever is displayed on the smartphone also gets displayed on the screen of the PadFone station, giving instant screen transition. With its lightweight (combined weight of 376 g) and thinness, it is easy to hold with just one hand.
The smartphone in the PadFone mini gets a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 dual-core processor which gives a superior gaming experience. It has a 4-inch WVGA display.
It features Corning Gorilla Glass 3 which reduces the chances of screen breakage if it falls down. It runs on Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat) with ZenUI interface giving a superior experience to the users. It sports an 8 mega-pixel rear camera and 2 mega-pixel front camera. It features 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of internal storage. It gets a 1170 mAh battery. It is equipped with SonicMaster technology to deliver amazing sound experience. The PadFone station comes with no such features, It has a 7-inch IPS display and 2100 mAh battery.
Specifications of PadFone mini PF400CG
- 4-inch (800×480 pixels) IPS+ display with Capacitive Multi touch panel (Phone)
- 7-inch (1280×800 pixels) IPS+ display Capacitive Multi touch panel (PadFone station)
- Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Asus ZenUI
- 6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom (Z2560) processor with PowerVR SGX 544MP2 GPU 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, micro SD card slot (supports up to 64GB)
- 8 mega-pixel rear camera with LED flash
- 2 mega-pixel front-facing camera
- Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 124.42 x 61.44 x 11.2 mm; (Phone)
- Dimensions: 199.85 x 119.43 x 13.91 mm; (PadFone station)
- Weight: 116 g (Phone)
- Weight: 260 (PadFone station)
- 1170 mAh battery (Phone)
- 2100 mAh battery (PadFone station)
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
PadFone station doesnot have a camera or earphone jack and shares them from the smartphone. PadFone station is not of any use unless the smartphone is docked into it.
Speaking on the launch, Peter Chang, Regional Head – South Asia & Country Manager – System Business Group – ASUS India, said, “Today’s introduction of PadFone Mini marks further extension of the PadFone series which expands our users’ world where they will enjoy, achieve and save categorically. It is an alluring proof to substantiate our prime focus on the bringing incredible. We are assertive that PadFone Mini will touch customers’ heart and take us a step ahead to deliver what our brand promises.”
The PadFone station alone is not of any use. But once the smartphone gets docked into it, it functions like a tablet. It is available in five colour options- Charcoal Black/ Pearl White/ Cherry Red/ Sky Blue/ Solar Yellow and is priced at Rs. 15,999.
Also Read- Asus Fonepad 7