Asus has launched the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 smartphone, a variant of Zenfone 2 Laser which went on sale in India in September 2015. The new variant comes with similar set of specifications as the previous version, except processor and RAM. The Zenfone 2 Laser comes with Snapdragon 410 chipset paired with 2GB of RAM while the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 packs an octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM.
It features a 5.5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 4. There is 16GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
On camera front, the Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash, laser auto focus and f/2.0 aperture. It also sports a 5 mega pixel front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. Backed up by a 3000mAh battery, it measures 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.8 mm in dimensions and weighs 170 grams.
Features & Specifications Of Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 615
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Zen UI 2.0
- Display: 5.5-inch HD (1280×720 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 4)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual LED real tone flash, laser auto focus and f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.8 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 variant with 3GB of RAM is priced at Rs. 13,999 and is available to buy from online retailer Flipkart in Black, White and Red color options.
The Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 variant comes with different processor and more RAM compared to the previous variant which is priced at Rs. 9,999. Would you spend around Rs. 4,000 more for the new variant? Is it worth the price? Share your views with us in the comments section below.