BlackBerry has launched its latest Android smartphone, called the BlackBerry DTEK60. Under the hood, the smartphone packs a 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor paired with Adreno 530 GPU. It features a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels.
For photography buffs, the smartphone sports a 21 mega pixel primary camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture and PDAF. It also supports 4K Video recording. For capturing selfies and making video calls, it packs an 8 mega pixel front facing camera. The device measures 153.9×75.4×7 mm and weighs 165 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C. On the software front, the phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
It comes with Secure Bootloader that makes use of multi-stage verification to ensure that the Android OS has not been tampered with, in order to protect business data against hackers rooting the device. The data stored on the phone is protected by FIPS 140-2 encryption and there is a DTEK app that lets users monitor and fix privacy violations. The smartphone also features a fingerprint scanner.
Specifications & Features Of BlackBerry DTEK60
- Processor: 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 820
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED (2560×1440 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 21 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and 4K Video recording
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 153.9×75.4×7 mm
- WEight: 165 grams
- Fingerprint Sensor
Price & Availability
The BlackBerry DTEK60 carries a price tag of USD 499 (approximately Rs. 33,000). It is up for grabs from BlackBerry online store in the US, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. There is no word yet on availability of the phone in India.