Gionee has launched its Gionee M6 Lite smartphone in Kenya. It is toned down variant of the Gionee M6 which was launched earlier this year in China. Under the hood, the M6 Lite packs a 1.8GHz quad core MediaTek Helio P10 processor coupled with Mali-T860 GPU. On the front, the smartphone features a 5-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. The screen comes with 2.5D curved glass protection.
On the camera front, the Gionee M6 Lite sports a 13 mega pixel primary camera with LED flash, Auto Focus, Exmor-RS CMOS sensor, PDAF and f/2.0 aperture. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera onboard. The phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow wrapped under Amigo 3.2 UI.
It houses of 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory with expandable support up to 256GB via microSD card. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. Backed up by a 4000mAh battery, the smartphone measures 152.3×75.3×8.2 mm and weighs 180 grams.
Gionee M6 Lite: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 1.8GHz quad core MediaTek Helio P10
- GPU: Mali-T860
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo 3.2 UI
- Display: 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass protection)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, Auto Focus, Exmor-RS CMOS sensor, PDAF and f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4000mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 152.3×75.3×8.2 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Gionee M6 Lite carries a price tag of Ksh 20,000 (approximately Rs 13,400). However, it will available to buy exclusively from online retailer Kilimall from November 24 at a discounted price of Ksh 13,999 (approximately Rs. 9,400). The phone comes in Mocha Gold color option.