Like the older sibling, highlight of the Marathon M5 Plus is its battery. The phone is fueled by a massive 5020mAh battery which is good enough to survive for up to 2 days on single charge. Moreover, the phone supports fast charging and it can be charged from zero to 100 percent in 117 minutes. Another highlight of the phone is its fingerprint sensor integrated into the physical home button for additional security.
As for specifications, it is powered by a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor clocked at 1.3GHz paired with Mali-T720 GPU and 3GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system wrapped under Amigo OS 3.1, it features a 6-inch full HD AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution.
On camera front, the Marathon M5 Plus sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and PDAF and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. It measures 160.9×81.2×8.4 mm in dimensions and weighs 208 grams. The phone offers 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB OTG and USB Type-C as connectivity options.
It will compete with the Lenovo Vibe P1 smartphone which is backed up by a 5000mAh battery and is priced at Rs. 15,999.
Specifications & Features Of Gionee Marathon M5 Plus
- Processor: 64-bit 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753
- GPU: Mali-T720
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Amigo OS 3.1
- Display: 6-inch full HD AMOLED (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D arc glass)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 5020mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB OTG, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 160.9×81.2×8.4 mm
- Weight: 208 grams
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Gionee Marathon M5 Plus is priced at CNY 2,499 (approximately Rs. 25,500) and will go on sale in China starting December 25, 2015. There is no word on pricing and availability of the phone in India.