Gionee has launched its latest smartphone, dubbed the Gionee S6, in India. To recall, the phone was launched in China in November 2015.
On aesthetics front, it flaunts its full metal unibody design with thickness of mere 6.9mm. Moreover, with thin bezels, it has display to body ratio of 77.8%. Under the hood, it is powered by an octa-core Mediatek MT6753 processor clocked at 1.3GHz coupled with Mali T-720 GPU and 3GB of RAM. The handset runs Android 5.1.1 operating system wrapped under AMIGO OS 3.1. It comes with a 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display with 1280×720 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
For photography lovers, it sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 3150mAh battery, it measures 151.9×74.6×4-6.9 mm and weighs 147 grams. Connectivity options which the phone offers, include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C. The device comes with hybrid dual SIM slots such that the second slot can be used to accommodate either a SIM card or a microSD card.
Specifications & Features Of Gionee S6
- Processor: 1.3GHz octa-core Mediatek MT6753
- GPU: Mali T-720
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 with AMIGO OS 3.1
- Display: 5.5-inch HD AMOLED (1280×720 pixels resolution, Gorilla Glass 3 protection)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 3150mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 151.9×74.6×4-6.9 mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Color Options: Platinum and Gold
- Hybrid Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Gionee S6 is available to buy from online retailer Flipkart for Rs. 19,999. It is also listed on company’s official website as ‘coming soon’.