Gionee has launched its latest flagship smartphone- Gionee S8, at MWC 2016 event in Barcelona. The highlight of the phone is its pressure sensitive 3D Touch display which can distinguish between three levels of force- touch, tap and press. It also comes with Dual WhatsApp and Dual WeChat features and supports multiple WhatsApp and WeChat accounts.
Under the hood, it is powered by a 1.95GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor paired with Mali T860MP2 GPU and 4GB of RAM. On the front, the device features a 5.5-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and 2.5D Arc Glass. The screen also comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection against scratches.
On camera front, the device sports a 16 mega pixel primary camera with LED flash and an 8 mega pixel front facing camera. It stands at 64GB of internal memory, which can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card. Fueled by a 3000mAh battery, it supports fast charging. Moreover, it comes with a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button which has response time of just 0.1 seconds and identification time of 0.38 seconds.
Specifications & Features Of Gionee S8
- Processor: 1.95GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755)
- GPU: Mali T860MP2
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED, 3D Touch (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D Arc Glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 4)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, Laser Auto Focus, PDAF, 6P lens
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel
- Battery: 3000mAh with Fast Charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 154.3×74.9×7 mm
- Weight: 148 grams
- Color Options: Rose Gold, Grey and Gold
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Gionee S8 is priced at EUR 449 (Rs. 34,000 approximately) and will go on sale starting end of March 2016.