Gionee has launched its camera focused smartphone, called the Gionee S9, in China. The main highlight of the phone is that it comes with a dual camera set up on the rear. It sports a 13 mega pixel camera and a 5 mega pixel camera on the back. The dual camera set up on the back is accompanied by dual-tone LED flash. There is also a 13 mega pixel front shooter onboard.
Under the hood, the S9 packs a 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor paired with Mali-T860 GPU. It features a 5.5-inch full HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. On the software front, the smartphone runs Android 6.0 marshmallow wrapped under Amigo OS 3.2.
The phone houses 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory with expandable support up to 128GB via microSD card. Backed up by a 3000mAh battery, it measures 154.2×76.4×7.4 mm and weighs 168.2 grams. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. The S9 features metal unibody design and comes with a fingerprint sensor for additional security.
Gionee S9: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10
- GPU: Mali-T860
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass (1920×1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Dual Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel + 5 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 mega pixel
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- Dimensions: 154.2×76.4×7.4 mm
- Weight: 168.2 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Gionee S9 carries a price tag of CNY 2499 (approximately Rs. 24,670) and will be available to buy in China from November 25. It comes in Gold, Rose Gold and Black color options. There is no word on global availability of the phone as of now.