Gionee has launched its latest flip phone called the Gionee W909, in China. Under the hood, it is powered by a 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 processor paired with Mali T860 GPU and 4GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system, it features 4.2-inch dual touchscreen HD IPS displays with 1280×720 pixels resolution and 2.5D curved glass.
On camera front, the phone sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and PDAF. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 2530mAh battery, it measures 124.1×62.8×16.5 mm and weighs 207.7 grams.
The Gionee W909 houses 16GB of internal memory, which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. Connectivity options which the phone offers, include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. It also supports USB Type-C. On design front, it comes with metal body and leather finish back. The device features a fingerprint sensor which is claimed to unlock the phone in just 0.38 seconds.
Specifications & Features Of Gionee W909 Flip Phone
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10
- GPU: Mali T860
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Display: 4.2-inch dual touch screen HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with LED flash and PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus)
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 2530mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 124.1×62.8×16.5 mm
- Weight: 207.7 grams
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Gionee W909 flip phone is priced at CNY 3999 (approximately Rs. 40,800) and is available to buy in China. There is no word on global roll out of the phone.
It will compete with the Samsung W2016 flip phone, which comes with 3.9-inch dual displays, 3GB RAM and 2000mAh battery. You can read more about Samsung W2016 flip phone here.