Huawei’s Honor brand has launched its Honor 6X smartphone at CES 2017. The smartphone was first introduced in China in October 2016. As for specifications, the 6X packs an octa-core Kirin 655 processor paired with Mali T830-MP2 GPU. It features a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. On the software front, it runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1.
Based on RAM and storage, it comes in two variants- 3GB RAM + 32GB storage and 4GB RAM + 64GB storage. Both variants support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card. For photography lovers, it sports dual rear cameras. It comes with a 12 mega pixel camera with LED flash, PDAF, 6P Lens and a 2 mega pixel camera on the rear. Upfront is an 8 mega pixel shooter for capturing selfies.
The hybrid dual SIM phone offers 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS as connectivity option. It features a fingerprint sensor on the back and the company claims it to unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds. The 3340mAh battery of the device supports fast charging and is good enough to offer up to two days of battery life with moderate usage.
Honor 6X: Specifications & Features
- Processor: Octa-core Kirin 655
- GPU: Mali T830-MP2
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD IPS (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass)
- RAM+Storage: 3GB RAM + 32GB storage / 4GB RAM + 64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Dual Rear Cameras: 12 mega pixel with LED flash, PDAF, 6P Lens + 2 mega pixel
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel
- Battery: 3340mAh with Fast Charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2 mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Honor 6X carries a price tag of US$ 249.99 (approximately Rs. 17,000) for 3GB RAM+32GB storage version and US$ 299.99 (approximately Rs. 20,500) for the 4GB RAM+64GB storage model. It will go on sale in India by the end of January 2017.