Microsoft unveiled the features of Windows 10 recently, to give a glimpse of how Windows 10 would look like. Now Microsoft has made the Technical Preview of Windows 10 available to users for download. Since it is just the technical preview of upcoming Windows 10 release, some bugs are expected in this preview build. Thus, we suggest you to keep a full back up of work on your device which you can restore later so that no data is lost. Read on to find out detailed information on how to get Windows 10 Technical preview on your PC.
How To Get Windows 10 Technical Preview On Your PC
The Windows 10 preview build has now only been released for PC’s or desktops. The technical preview of Windows 10 for tablets and smartphones will be rolled out in February. Following are the system requirements and steps that you must follow to get the Windows 10 build on your PC.
System Requirements To Download Windows 10 Technical Preview
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit, 2 GB of RAM for 64-bit
- 16 GB storage space
- DirectX 9 graphics
- Internet Access
Steps To Get Windows 10 Technical Preview
Follow the simple steps mentioned below to download Windows 10 Technical Preview on your PC.
If your device is already running on Windows 7 or 8, you can use the automated update for Windows 10 build. If you do not get the update, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure you are a member of Windows Insider Program. If you’re not a member yet, you can sign up for the same on the official website. (insider.windows.com)
- Once you have signed up for Widows Insider Program click on the Start upgrade now option.
- The Windows 10 Technical file will start downloading. Now, start the set up by double clicking on the downloaded file.
- Alternatively, you can download the ISO files for the Windows 10 build. If you are downloading the ISO files, make sure you transfer the ISO file to installation media such as a USB flash drive or DVD after the completion of file download. Once the ISO files have been downloaded, double click on the file and follow the steps. (ISO files Download)
- You are all set to go now! Follow the steps to install the technical preview of Windows 10 on your PC through Windows Update.
Since this is the preview build, it might contain some bugs. So, make sure to keep a back up of your data before upgrading to Windows 10 preview build. Also, features like Continuum and Cortana have been included in this build, yet it misses out on features like Spartan web browser and the users will have to wait till the next update arrives! Stay tuned with us for more updates!