HP has unveiled its Windows 10 running high-end smartphone, called the HP Elite X3, at MWC 2016 event.
Running Windows 10, the Elite X3 supports Continuum feature and comes with several optional accessories such as Desk Dock and Mobile Extender which offer phablet, laptop and desktop business productivity in a single device. With Desk Dock, users can connect the Elite X3 to an external display while Mobile Extender offers seamless Windows Continuum computing experience to the users.
Under the hood, it is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor paired with 4GB of RAM. The phablet features a 5.96-inch WQHD AMOLED display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution and Gorilla Glass 4 protection against scratches. On camera front, it sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture while there is also an 8 mega pixel front facing camera with Iris scanning capabilities. For additional security, the device features an iris scanner on the front and a fingerprint scanner on the rear.
Specifications & Features Of HP Elite X3
- Processor: 2.15GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Display: 5.96-inch WQHD AMOLED (2560×1440 pixels resolution, Gorilla Glass 4)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with Iris Scanner
- Battery: 4150mAh with Quick Charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Type-C port
- Dimensions: 161.8×83.5×7.8 mm
- Weight: 195 grams
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Iris Scanner
- IP67 rating Dust and Water resistant
Price & Availability
There is no word on pricing and availability of the HP Elite X3 as of now. We hope to hear more details from the company in the coming days. The Elite X3 is certainly a premium smartphone with top-notch specifications. It is yet to be seen how the company plans to price the device.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!