HTC has launched its HTC Bolt smartphone in the US. Under the hood, the smartphone packs a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor paired with Adreno 430 GPU. The phone runs Android 7.0 Nougat operating system wrapped under HTC Sense UI. It features a 5.5-inch Quad HD Super LCD 3 display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution. The screen is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The Bolt houses 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory with expandable support via microSD card. On the photography front, the smartphone sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS and 4K video recording. There is also an 8 mega pixel front facing camera onboard for taking selfies and making video calls. Fueled by a 3200mAh battery, it measures 153.6×77.3×8.1 mm and weighs 174 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4,1, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C. It packs a fingerprint sensor for enhanced security and features IP57 rating for water and dust resistance. The device lacks 3.5mm audio jack and comes with BoomSound Adaptive Audio earphones.
HTC Bolt: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- GPU: Adreno 430
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with HTC Sense UI
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD Super LCD 3 (2560×1440 pixels resolution, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel
- Battery: 3200mAh with Quick Charge 2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4,1, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 153.6×77.3×8.1 mm
- Weight: 174 grams
- IP57 water and dust resistant
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The HTC Bolt will be available to buy from Sprint at $25 per month with 24-month contract. It comes in Gunmetal and Glacier Silver color options.