HTC has today launched a new mid-range handset which had already gone on sale online a week ago. HTC Desire 500 the latest addition to the Desire lineup comes with cool fancy color combinatins and superior build. It has an active dual SIM which keeps both the SIM cards active.
The HTC Desire 500 features a 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor which runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with Sense 5 custom user interface. It comes with a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and BSI sensor and a 1.6-megapixel front-facing camera that too with BSI sensor. It has dual SIM GSM support with active standby.
HTC Desire 500 Specifications
- 4.3-inch (480 × 800 pixels resolution) capacitive touch screen display
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Sense 5
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 Processor
- Dual SIM (GSM + GSM)
- 8MP Auto Focus rear Camera with LED flash, 1/3.2″ sensor, F 2.0 aprture, BSI Sensor, 720p video recording
- 1.6MP front-facing camera with BSI sensor
- 3G (HSDPA up to 7.2 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS, NFC (in selected markets)
- 1GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, Expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- 1800 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The new HTC Desire 500 will be available with major retailers at MOP of Rs. 21,490, and MRP of Rs 24,290 across India market.
This price tag definitely makes the Desire 500 expensive but as we know HTC, they are expected to come up with such things. Sooner or later we can expect a little price drop, but the best part for a dual SIM handset is that it features active dual SIM standby that is both the SIM cards are active simulatanously.