HTC has expanded its Butterfly series with the launch of HTC J Butterfly HTV31 smartphone in Japan. Under the hood, the handset is powered by a 64-bit octa-core (quad 2GHz + quad 1.5GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 processor paired with 3GB of RAM. Running Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system, it features a 5.2-inch QHD Super LCD3 display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution.
There is 32GB of inbuilt storage onboard which is expandable via microSD card. On imaging front, it comes with a 20.2 mega pixel primary camera with dual-LED flash and a 13 mega pixel front facing camera for capturing stunning selfies and making video calls.
Backed up by a 2700 mAh battery, it features quick charging technology. Connectivity options include 4G LTE support, 3G, Wi-Fi. Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS and GPRS/EDGE options. The handset measures 151x73x10.7mm in dimensions and weighs 162 grams. The phone also boasts of its IPX5/ IPX7 and IP5X ratings for water and dust resistant.
Features and Specifications of HTC J Butterfly HTV31
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core (quad 2GHz + quad 1.5GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Display: 5.2-inch QHD Super LCD3 (2560×1440 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 32GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 20.2 mega pixel with dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 mega pixel
- Battery: 2700 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE support, 3G, Wi-Fi. Bluetooth, GPS/A-GPS and GPRS/EDGE
- IPX5/ IPX7 and IP5X ratings
- Dimensions: 151x73x10.7mm
- Weight: 162 grams
Price and Availability
The HTC J Butterfly HTV31 is now listed on HTC’s Japanese website as well as on the website of Japanese operator KDDI. There is no word on pricing and exact availability of the handset, though the company has announced it will be launched in early June in Japan. As for global release, the details are sketchy and it is likely to be launched as HTC Butterfly 3 in markets outside Japan.