Huawei has taken the wraps off its latest smartphone- Huawei G8 at the IFA 2015 event in Berlin. It is powered by a 64-bit octa-core (Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor paired with Adreno 405 GPU and 3GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system wrapped under Huawei Emotion UI 3.1, it features a 5.5-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution.
The smartphone houses 32GB of internal memory which is expandable via microSD card. It sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual tone LED flash and OIS while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera.
The device packs a 3000mAh battery, measures 152×76.5×7.5mm in dimensions and weighs 167 grams. Connectivity options include 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. On design front, the Huawei G8 flaunts its all metal body. It features a fingerprint scanner on the rear for additional security.
Key Features Of Huawei G8
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core (Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Huawei Emotion UI 3.1
- Display:5.5-inch full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels, curved 2.5D glass, Corning Gorilla Glass protection)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 32GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual tone LED flash, OIS
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 152×76.5×7.5mm
- Weight: 167 grams
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Huawei G8 will be rolled out in 30 markets including China, Austria, Burma, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Denmark, Hungary, the Netherlands and Turkey starting September 2015 followed by other markets. It is priced at EUR 399 (approximately Rs. 30,000) and will be available in Dark Silver, Gold and White color options. There is no word on when the company plans to launch the device in the Indian market.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!