Huawei has launched its latest smartphone in the Honor series, in China, called the Huawei Honor 5A. It succeeds the Honor 4A smartphone and comes with several upgrades over the predecessor. Under the hood, the Honor 5A is powered by a 1.2GHz octa-core Kirin 620 processor or an octa-core Snapdragon 617 processor. The phone houses 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
The Honor 5A features a 5.5-inch HD IPS display with resolution of 1280×720 pixels. It sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and an 8 mega pixel front facing camera. The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow wrapped under Emotion UI 4.1.
Backed up by a 3100mAh battery, it measures 154.3×77.1×8.45 mm and weighs 168 grams. Connectivity options which the dual SIM phone offers include 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. It comes in White, Blue, Black and Gold color options.
Specifications & Features Of Huawei Honor 5A
- Processor: 1.2GHz octa-core Kirin 620 with Mali-450GPU / octa-core Snapdragon 617 with Adreno 405 GPU
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.1
- Display: 5.5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony/OmniVision sensor
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture, Sony/Hynix BSI sensor
- Battery: 3100mAh
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 154.3×77.1×8.45 mm
- Weight: 168 grams
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Huawei Honor 5A is priced at CNY 699 (approx. Rs. 7,100) for the standard variant and CNY 799 (approx. Rs. 8,100) for China Unicom version, Telecom Edition and the entire network version. It is up for pre-orders in China and will go on sale in China starting June 17.