Kodak launched its first ever smartphone last year in 2015. Called the Kodak IM5, the phone was not able to draw much attention in the smartphone market. Now the company has launched a new smartphone, dubbed the Kodak Ektra, in Europe.
The Ektra has been manufactured by a UK based handset manufacturer Bullitt Mobile. Unlike the IM5, Kodak’s latest smartphone boasts of its camera capabilities. The Ektra sports a 21 mega pixel primary camera with dual LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and OIS. There is also a 13 mega pixel front facing camera with PDAF and f/2.2 aperture for capturing selfies and making video calls. Packed with great camera optics, the phone offers DSLR-like modes and features.
Under the hood, the smartphone packs a 2.3GHz deca-core Helio X20 processor paired with 3GB of RAM. It features a 5-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and 441ppi pixel density. The Ektra houses 32GB of internal storage and supports expandable storage via microSD card. Backed up by a 3000mAh battery, the device measures 147.8×73.35×9.69 mm.
The Kodak IM5 on the other hand, comes with a 1.7GHz Octa-Core MediaTek processor clubbed with 1GB of RAM. Other specifications of the phone include 5-inch IPS display, 13 mega pixel rear camera and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera.
Specifications & Features Of Kodak Ektra
- Processor: 2.3GHz deca-core Helio X20
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 441ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 21 mega pixel with dual LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, OIS and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 13 mega pixel with PDAF and f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 147.8×73.35×9.69 mm.
Price & Availability
Carrying a price tag of €499 (approximately Rs. 36,800), the Kodak Ektra will be available to buy in Europe. There is no word on global roll out of the phone as of now.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!