Lava has been trying to rival the likes of the Micromax and Karbonn in India by following a dual branding approach by launching Android powered smartphones under Lava and Xolo brands. The company has covered its base in the Xolo series and now is giving the Iris series that shot in the arm. The company has just launched the country’s cheapest quad core device, the Lava Iris 458q for Rs.8,999 and the smartphone seems a nice deal for the beginners.
The latest entrant in the Iris series has a 4.5 inch screen which is neither too big nor too small but it hits the sweet spot with operating system it runs on which is Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. The detailed list of its specifications goes as follows:
- Screen Size: The screen is a 4.5 inch unit and carries a resolution of 854×480 pixels.
- Processor: Under the hood is a 1.2 GHz quad core processor which is most probably a Mediatek unit
- RAM: Complementing the processor is a 512 MB RM which does not seem too right for a device with a capable processor
- Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean which is the latest one available
- Imaging: 8MP primary camera which will be teamed up with a VGA front camera unit
- Storage: The internal storage will stand at 4GB but you could always expand it by 32GB with the help of a microSD card
- Battery Power: 2,000 mAH unit
- Dual SIM (GSM+GSM) support
- You can buy it for Rs.8,999
The Lava offering may not be the best one in the market but the price is not sky high as well. So you need to compromise a bit with the limited RAM but the smartphone makes up for that with a lower price tag and its version of Android. Makes for a good device for a person upgrading from feature phone to a smart phone. You can buy Lava Iris 458q from Flipkart.