At MWC 2017, LG has taken the wraps off its latest flagship smartphone, called the LG G6. The main highlight of the phone is that it is the first non-Pixel smartphone to come with Google Assistant. Another talking point is that the phone features not just one, but two rear cameras. It sports two 13 mega pixel sensors on the back.
As for specifications, the LG G6 packs a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor paired with Adreno 530 GPU. The phone features a 5.7-inch QHD+ LCD display and runs Android 7.0 Nougat wrapped under LG UX 6.0. The phone houses 4GB of RAM and 32GB/64GB internal memory (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card).
For photography lovers, it sports dual 13 mega pixel rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash and 4K video recording. One of the sensors comes with 71-degree wide angle lens and OIS 2.0 while the secondary 13 mega pixel sensor comes with 125-degree wide angle lens. On the front, it sports a 5 mega pixel camera with 100-degree wide angle lens. Fueled by a 3300mAh battery, it supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology.
LG G6: Specifications & Features
- Processor: Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD+ LCD (2880×1440 pixels resolution, 564ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card)
- Dual Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual-tone LED Flash, 71-degree-wide angle lens, OIS 2.0, 4K video recording + secondary 13 mega pixel sensor with 125-degree wide angle lens
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Battery: 3300mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C 2.0
- Dimensions: 148.9×71.9×7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Metal-glass design
- IP68 Water and Dust resistant
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC audio chip, Dolby Vision
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
There is no word on price and availability of the LG G6 as of now. It will be available in Astro Black, Ice Platinum and Mystic White color options.
To recall, the LG G5 was launched in India in June 2016. The main highlight of the smartphone is its modular design that lets users swap and replace components. It comes with LG Friends, a series of accessories like LG 360 VR, LG 360 CAM and LG Rolling Bot that attach to the phone.
As for specifications, the LG G5 comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor paired with Adreno 530 GPU and 4GB of RAM. Other specifications include 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS display (2560×1440 pixels resolution), 32GB storage (expandable up to 2TB via microSD card), dual rear camera setup (16 mega pixel and 8 mega pixel) with dual-tone flash, 8 mega pixel front camera and a 2800mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.