Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meizu has unveiled the successor of M1 smartphone, called the Meizu m2 in China. As for specifications, it is powered by a 64-bit 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735 processor clocked at 1.3GHz paired with Mali-T720 GPU and 2GB of RAM.
The device runs Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system wrapped under FlyMe OS 4.5 and features a 5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. The screen is protected by AGC Dragontrail glass and has pixel density of 296ppi. The screen-to-body ratio of the phone is 75.6 percent. There is 16GB of inbuilt storage onboard which can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
It sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5p lens and Gorilla Glass 3 protection on lens glass. The device also packs a 5 mega pixel front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and FotoNation 2.0 smart selfie enhancement.
Backed up by a 2500mAh battery, the m2 phone is claimed to deliver up to 10 hours of internet surfing on 4G network and up to 680 hours of standby time. The handset measures 140.1×68.9×8.7mm in dimensions and weighs 131 grams.
Features And Specifications Of Meizu m2
- Processor: 64-bit 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735
- GPU: Mali-T720
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop with FlyMe OS 4.5
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280×720 pixels resolution, 296ppi pixel density, AGC Dragontrail glass protection)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5p lens and Gorilla Glass 3 protection on lens glass
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture and FotoNation 2.0 smart selfie enhancement
- Battery: 2500mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 140.1×68.9×8.7mm
- Weight: 131 grams
- Dual SIM
Price and Availability
Priced at CNY 599 (approximately Rs. 6,200) the Meizu m2 smartphone will be available in China starting August 3, 2015, in White, Grey, Blue and Pink color options. The device is up for pre-orders in China now. There is no word on global availability of the device as of now.
Also Read: Meizu MX5 Launched