Meizu has expanded its Note series of smartphones with the launch of Meizu m5 Note smartphone in China. The smartphone packs an octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor paired with Mali-T860 GPU. On software front, it runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system. The phone features a 5.5-inch full HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution.
Based on RAM and storage, it comes in three variants- 3GB RAM+16GB storage, 3GB RAM+32GB storage and 4GB RAM+64GB storage. All the three variants support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card. Backed up by a 4000mAh battery, it supports mCharge fast charging technology.
For photography buffs, the smartphone sports a 13 mega pixel primary camera on the rear with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and PDAF. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera for capturing selfies and making video calls. On design front, the smartphone flaunts its unibody metal design and packs a fingerprint sensor for additional security.
Meizu m5 Note: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P10
- GPU: Mali-T860
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6.0
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass)
- RAM+Storage: 3GB RAM+16GB storage / 3GB RAM+32GB storage / 4GB RAM+64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF,
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4000mAh with mCharge technology
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-FI 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- Dimensions: 153.6×75.8×8.15 mm
- Weight: 175 grams
- Color Options: Silver, Grey, Champagne Gold and Blue
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint Sensor
Price & Availability
The Meizu m5 Note carries a price tag of CNY 899 (approximately Rs. 8,860) for the 3GB RAM+16GB storage variant and CNY 999 (approximately Rs. 9,850) for the 3GB RAM+32GB storage version and CNY 1499 (approximately Rs. 14,780) for the 4GB RAM+64GB storage version. It is up for pre-order in China and will go on sale starting December 8, 2016. It comes in Silver, Grey, Champagne Gold and Blue color options.