Meizu has launched a new smartphone in China, called the Meizu M5s. Under the hood, the phone packs a 64-bit 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor paired with Mali-T760 GPU and 3GB of RAM. It features a 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1280×720 pixels resolution.
On the software front, the M5s runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow wrapped under Flyme OS 6.0. It comes in two storage variants- 16GB and 32GB. Both variants support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card. For photography lovers, the phone sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and Sony Sensor. There is also a 5 mega pixel front snapper with f/2.0 aperture.
Equipped with a 3000mAh battery, the smartphone supports fast charging. Connectivity options which the hybrid dual SIM phone offers, include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS. It measures 148.2×72.5×8.4 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Meizu M5s: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 64-bit 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6753
- GPU: Mali-T760
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6.0
- Display: 5.2-inch HD (1280×720 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, Sony Sensor
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE and GPS
- Dimensions: 148.2×72.5×8.4 mm
- Weight: 143 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Meizu M5s carries a price tag of CNY 799 (approximately Rs. 7,800) for the 16GB variant and CNY 999 (approximately Rs. 9,750) for the 32GB model. The phone will be available in China starting February 20. It comes in Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver and Star Gray color options. There is no word on global roll out of the phone yet.