Meizu has announced the launch of its flagship smartphone Meizu MX5 in India. The company has partnered with online retailer Snapdeal for sale of the device.
On design front, it boasts of its premium looks and features metal body. Under the hood, the device comes powered by a 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) processor coupled with PowerVR G6200 GPU and 3GB of RAM. Running Android 5.0 Lollipop based Flyme OS 4.5, it features 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Based on storage, it comes in three variants- 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. On camera front, the smartphone sports a 20.7 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash and laser auto focus as well as a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. This dual SIM phone supports 4G on both slots.
The MX5 comes with several sensors- gravity sensor, gyroscope, hall effect sensor, IR proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and compass. Backed up by a 3150mAh battery, it weighs 149 grams and offers 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth as connectivity options. It packs new mCharge technology, which is claimed to charge the device to 25 percent in just 10 minutes. The device also boasts of fingerprint sensor with mTouch 2.0 technology which makes identification faster.
Features and Specifications of Meizu MX5
- Processor: 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T)
- GPU: PowerVR G6200
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop based Flyme OS 4.5
- Display: 5.5-inch Super AMOLED (1920×1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 16GB/32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 20.7 mega pixel with dual LED Flash, Laser Auto Focus, Sony IMX220 Exmor RS BSI sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lenses, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 3150mAh
- Connectivity: 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Color Options: Grey, Silver and Gold
- Dimensions: 149.9×74.7×7.6 mm
- Weight: 149 grams
- Fingerprint sensor with mTouch 2.0
- Dual SIM
Price and Availability
Priced at Rs. 19,999, the Meizu MX5 is now available to buy exclusively from online retailer Snapdeal.
Hands On Video
“Our philosophy at Meizu has always been driven by our commitment to delivering innovative and user friendly products,” said, Mr.David, Head of Meizu India. “We are glad to partner with Snapdeal for the flagship product MX5 given their connect with the Indian consumers and robust distribution network across India,” he added.