Meizu has introduced its latest smartphone, called the Meizu MX5e, in China. It is an affordable variant of Meizu MX5, which was launched last year for Rs. 19,999.
As for specifications, the MX5e is powered by a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T) processor coupled with PowerVR G6200 GPU and 3GB of RAM. The phone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system wrapped under Flyme OS 4.5. It features a 5.5-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The screen packs Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for protection against scratches.
Coming to the imaging department, the MX5e sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash and laser auto focus. There is also a 5 mega pixel front shooter onboard. The device supports 4K video recording as well. It comes in two storage variants- 16GB and 32GB. The phone is backed up by a 3150mAh battery with support for mCharge technology. It measures 149.9×74.7×7.6 mm, weighs 149 grams and comes in Gold and White/Silver color options.
On design front, the phone features metal body with magnesium alloy frame. It also comes with a mTouch 2.0 fingerprint sensor.
Specifications & Features Of Meizu MX5e
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795T)
- GPU: PowerVR G6200
- Operating System: Android 5.0 Lollipop with Flyme OS 4.5
- Display: 5.5-inch full HD Super AMOLED (1920×1080 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB/32GB
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with dual LED flash, 6P lens, Laser Auto Focus and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3150mAh with mCharge
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 149.9×74.7×7.6 mm
- Weight: 149 grams
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Meizu MX5e is priced at CNY 1499 (approximately Rs. 15,300) for 16GB variant and CNY 1699 (approximately Rs. 17,300) for 32GB variant. It is available to buy from Meizu’s official online store in China. There is no word on on pricing and availability of the phone in markets outside China.
The Meizu MX5e is an impressive mid-ranged smartphone which has a lot to offer. It comes with a large full HD display, good camera combination and large battery capacity. It will compete with the OnePlus X which lies in the same price range.