Lenovo-owned Motorola has launched its Moto G5 smartphone along with G5 Plus at MWC 2017. The smartphones succeed the Moto G4 and G4 Plus respectively and come with numerous upgrades over the predecessors. Scroll down for more details.
The Moto G5 packs a 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU. Running Android 7.0 Nougat operating system, it features a 5-inch Full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. The screen is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla glass 3.
The phone houses 2GB / 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. It supports expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card. On the camera front, it sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and PDAF. Upfront, there is a 5 mega pixel snapper with OmniVision OV5693 sensor for capturing selfies and making video calls. Equipped with a 2800mAh battery, the phone supports rapid charging. Connectivity options which the dual SIM phone offers, include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS.
On design front, the phone features metal body and comes with a removable back cover. It measures 144.3x73x9.5 mm and weighs 144.5 grams.
Moto G5: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla glass 3 Protection)
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB
- Storage: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, full HD video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with OmniVision OV5693 sensor
- Battery: 2800mAh with rapid charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Dimensions: 144.3x73x9.5 mm
- Weight: 144.5 grams
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Moto G5 will cost 199 Euros (approximately Rs. 14,000) for the 2GB RAM+16GB storage version. It will go on sale in the markets in Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific and North America in March 2017.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!