Lenovo unveiled its Moto G5 smartphone at MWC 2017 and announced that the phone will arrive in India on March 15, 2017. Keeping its promise, the company has launched the smartphone in the Indian market. Read on to find details on price, specifications, features and more.
Under the hood, the G5 Plus packs a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor paired with Adreno 506 GPU. Running Android 7.0 Nougat, it features a 5.2-inch Full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. The screen is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla glass 3. It comes in two variants based on RAM and storage- 3GB RAM+16GB storage and 4GB RAM+32GB storage. Both variants support expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD card.
On the camera front, the phone sports a 12 mega pixel Auto Focus rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel Auto Focus, Sony IMX362 sensor and 4K video recording. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture and OmniVision OV5695 sensor. Equipped with a 3000mAh battery, it supports Turbo Charging. Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS.
On the design front, the G5 Plus flaunts its metal body with removable rear panel. It features a fingerprint sensor for additional security. The phone also comes with water repellent nano-coating. It measures 150.2x74x7.9 mm, weighs 155 grams and comes in Lunar Gray and Fine Gold color options.
Moto G5 Plus: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection)
- RAM+Storage: 3GB RAM+16GB storage / 4GB RAM+32GB storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel Auto Focus with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.7 aperture, Dual Pixel Auto Focus, Sony IMX362 sensor, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture and OmniVision OV5695 sensor
- Battery: 3000mAh with Turbo Charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS
- Dimensions: 150.2x74x7.9 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Moto G5 Plus carries a price tag of Rs. 14,999 for the 3GB RAM+16GB storage variant and Rs. 16,999 for the 4GB RAM+32GB storage version. It will go on sale tonight ( March 15) at 11:59PM exclusively via Flipkart.
Flipkart has also announced BuyBack Guarantee offer worth Rs. 1,199 for the Moto G5 Plus, in which if customers choose to exchange the phone for another smartphone within 6 to 8 months after the purchase, then they will get a fixed exchange discount. Other launch day offers include:
- Additional Rs. 1,500 off on exchange
- 10% discount on SBI cards
- No cost EMI starting at Rs. 1,899 per month
- Get Moto Pulse 2 at Rs. 599
Buy Moto G5 Plus at best price from here: