Motorola’s Moto X (2014) was launched in India in November 2014. The device improved upon the first generation Moto X and we loved the whole experience. Clean Android, great performance and touchless interaction make the perfect combination. But sadly, the device lacked any expandable storage option and it was available in 16 GB variant only. It has changed now, as Motorola launched a 32 GB variant of the Moto X (2014) coupled with a great offer for the upcoming holiday season. Read on to find out the details.
As far as the specifications go, the new 32 gig variant is identical to the 16 GB Moto X (2014). Here’s a quick recap for the reference:
- Quad-band GSM,HSDPA,LTE connectivity
- 5.2″ AMOLED display, 1080p Resolution, (424 ppi) & Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop KitKat (Stock)
- 2.5 GHz Krait 400 processor based on Snapdragon 801 chipset
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2 GB of RAM
- 13 MP Primary camera with dual-LED ring flash, 4K video recording
- 2 MP front camera with 1080p video recording
- 16/32GB of built-in storage with NO Expansion
- 2,300mAh non-removable battery
- Gesture controls via built-in IR sensors
- Voice control and active notifications
- Optional leather or wood back covers
You can read our detailed review of the device here
Pricing and Christmas Offer
The Moto X 32 GB is priced at Rs. 32,999 for the base variant and Rs. 34,999 for the wood finish and leather back panel. Interestingly enough, the 16 GB variant has been marked down from Rs. 31,999 to Rs. 29,999 and Rs. 33,999 to Rs. 31,999 for the base and wood/leather finish respectively.
Motorola has also announced a Christmas offer on the Moto X (2nd Gen) in which the customer can get up to Rs. 6,000 off on an exchange of their old smartphone depending on the model. There’s a nifty tool present on the Flipkart product page that calculates your old handset’s worth. That brings the price down of the Moto X in the range of Rs. 26,000 which is a steal if you ask us.
The device is available for purchase exclusively on Flipkart.