Motorola has launched its Motorola Droid Maxx 2 smartphone alongside Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Under the hood, it is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor paired with Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB of RAM. The handset runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system (upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow) and features a 5.5-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
There is 16GB of internal memory which is expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. On camera front, it sports a 21 mega pixel rear camera with dual tone LED flash and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. It measures 148 x 75 x 8.9 mm in dimensions and weighs 169 grams.
Backed up by a 3630mAh battery, the Droid Maxx 2 is claimed to survive for up to 48 hours on moderate usage on single charge. The device also comes with water repellent coating.
Features & Specifications Of Motorola Droid Maxx 2
- Processor: 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 ( quad x 1.1 GHz Cortex A53 + quad x 1.7 GHz Cortex A53)
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- Display: 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 21 mega pixel with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 3630mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 148 x 75 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
Price & Availability
The Motorola Droid Maxx 2 will be available to buy exclusively from Verizon in the United States. It is priced at $384 (Rs. 25,000 approximately) off contract and will be available starting October 29, 2015 in White with Winter White Back and Black with Deep Sea Blue Back color options. There is no word on global availability of the smartphone as of now.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!