If you are wondering what differences and similarities do these two smartphones bear? Or what changes does the Turbo Edition brings with it over the 3rd Gen Moto G, then this post is going to help you. Read on to find out how Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition vs Moto G (Gen 3) compare with each other in terms of specifications, features and price.
Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition vs Moto G (Gen 3) Comparison
|Device/Features||Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition||Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen|
|Price||Rs. 14,499||Rs. 11,999/ Rs. 12,999|
|Display||5-inch HD Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection||5-inch HD Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection|
|Resolution||1280×720 pixels – 294ppi||1280×720 pixels – 294ppi|
|SoC||Qualcomm Snapdragon 615||Qualcomm Snapdragon 410|
|GPU||Adreno 405||Adreno 306|
|MicroSD||Yes – up to 32GB||Yes – up to 32GB|
|Battery||2470mAh with TurboPower charger||2470mAh|
|Rear Camera||13 MP, Auto Focus, Dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture||13 MP, Auto Focus, Dual LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture|
|Front Camera||5 MP||5 MP|
|Dimensions & Weight||142.1×72.4×11.6 mm, 155 grams||142.1×72.4×11.6 mm, 155 grams|
|Connectivity||Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth||Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth|
|OS||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop||Android 5.1.1 Lollipop|
|Additional Features||IP67 certified||IPX7 certified|
- Processor: While the Turbo Edition is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor paired with Adreno 405 GPU, the Moto G 3rd Gen packs a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with Adreno 306 GPU.
- Battery: Both smartphones pack 2470mAh battery. The Turbo Edition as the name suggests, comes with TurboPower charger that gives 6 hours of power in just 15 minutes of charging. Moto G 3rd gen misses out on Turbo charger.
- Certification: While the 3rd Gen Moto G flaunts IPX7 rating for resistance against water, the Moto G Turbo Edition flaunts its IP67 rating against dust and water resistance.
- Variants: The Moto G Turbo Edition houses 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. The third generation Moto G comes in two variants- one with 1GB RAM with 8GB inbuilt memory while other variant packs 2GB of RAM with 16GB internal memory.
- Price: The Moto G Turbo Edition is priced at Rs. 14,499. The Moto G (Gen 3) is priced at Rs. 11,999 and Rs. 12,999 for 1GB and 2GB RAM variants respectively.
- Display: Both smartphones pack a 5-inch HD display with 1280×720 pixels resolution, 294 ppi pixel density and Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Expandable Storage: Both smartphones support expandable storage up to 32GB via microSD card.
- Camera: There is a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera.
- Software: Both smartphones run Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system.
- Dimensions/Weight: Dimensions and weigh of both devices are 142.1×72.4×11.6 mm and 155 grams respectively.
- Connectivity: Both phones offer dual SIM support, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as connectivity options.
Though both smartphones share a lot of similarities, yet spending Rs. 1,500 more for Moto G Turbo Edition is worth since it comes with a better processor, Turbo quick charge support and IP67 rating.
Which smartphone between Motorola Moto G Turbo Edition vs Moto G (Gen 3) do you think is better? Share your views with us in the comments section below!