Motorola has announced the roll out of Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for its Motorola Moto X Style smartphone in India.
With the Marshmallow update, Moto X Style smartphone will receive numerous features and improvements including expandable storage, do not disturb feature, doze mode, app standby, now on tap, direct share among others. Are you still confused about whether you should upgrade to Android M or not? Read on to find details on the features which Android 6.0 Marshmallow will bring to your Moto X Style smartphone.
With Marshmallow 6.0 operating system, your Moto X Style will get Do Not Disturb mode under the ‘Sound and notification’ settings to block all sounds or only alarms and notifications so that you are not distracted during meetings or while sleeping. Since this feature is similar to Moto Assist, the company has removed Moto Assist with Android M upgrade. The latest update also comes with enhanced support for backing up user data. Motorola Connect Google Chrome extension support has been removed. The Android M will also bring doze mode, app standby, now on tap and direct share features.
To recall, the Moto X Style was launched in India in October 2015. The 16GB variant is priced at Rs. 29,999 while 32GB variant comes at Rs. 31,999. Specifications and features of the device are as follows:
Specifications & Features Of Motorola Moto X Style
- Processor: 1.8GHz hexa-core Snapdragon 808
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.7-inch TFT LCD (2560×1440 pixels resolution, 520ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection)
- RAM: 3GB
- ROM: 16GB/32GB (expandable up to 128GB using microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 21 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
- Dimensions: 153.9×76.2×6.1 to 11.06 mm
- Weight: 179 grams
Note: As per the company, you should update your Moto X Style smartphone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow when the battery of your phone is at least 50 percent. Also make sure that it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Have you updated your Motorola Moto X Style smartphone to Android 6.0 Marshmallow yet? Share your experience with is in the comments section below!