HMD Global has announced its first Nokia smartphone, called the Nokia 6. Under the hood, the phone packs a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor paired with Adreno 505 GPU. Running Android 7.0 Nougat, it features a 5.5-inch Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. The screen is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
The Nokia 6 houses 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal memory. It supports expandable up to 128GB via microSD card. For photography lovers, the smartphone comes with a 16 mega pixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and 1.0um sensor. There is also an 8 mega pixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12um sensor. Fueled by a 3000mAh battery, it offers 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS as connectivity options.
The phone flaunts its aluminum alloy unibody design and features a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button. It comes with dual speakers and smart dual amplifier chips with 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos.
Nokia 6: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and 1.0um sensor
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture and 1.12um sensor
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- Dimensions: 154×75.8×7.8 mm
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Nokia 6 carries a price tag of CNY 1699 (approximately Rs. 16,700) and will go on sale in the first half of 2017 exclusively via JD.com in China. It comes in Black color option. It is a China exclusive smartphone and sadly it won’t be available in India.