Obi Worldphone made its foray into the Indian market last month with the launch of its flagship smartphone, called the Obi Worldphone SF1. The device is now available to buy exclusively from NDTV Gadgets 360. The 16GB variant of Obi Worldphone SF1 is priced at Rs. 11,999 while the 32GB variant is priced at Rs. 13,999.
To recall, Obi Worldphone was co-founded by John Sculley along with Obi CEO Neeraj Chauhan and other partners last year. The phone has been designed by San Francisco-based design studio Ammunition. The phone features a unibody design with metallic accents and floating glass display.
As for specifications, it is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor coupled with Adreno 405 GPU. Based on RAM and storage, it will be available in two variants- one with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory while the other variant will come with 3GB of RAM and 32GB inbuilt storage. Both variants support expandable storage up to 64GB via microSD card.
Running Android 5.0.2 Lollipop operating system wrapped under Obi Lifespeed UI, it features a 5-inch full HD display with resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The screen of the phone boasts of Corning Gorilla Glass 4 for protection against scratches. On camera front, the phone sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5 mega pixel front camera with LED flash. Backed up by a 3000mAh battery, it measures 146x74x8mm in dimensions and weighs 147 grams.
Specifications & Features Of Obi Worldphone SF1
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core (ARM Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.0GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Operating System: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Obi Lifespeed UI
- Display: 5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 443ppi pixel density with Gorilla Glass 4 protection)
- RAM: 2GB/3GB
- ROM: 16GB/32GB (expandable up to 64GB using microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with LED flash
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Dimensions: 146x74x8mm
- Weight: 147 grams
- Dolby sound
- Dual SIM
Be its design or the spec-sheet, the Obi Worldphone SF1 does not fail to impress us in any front. The phone is competitively priced and is certainly going to give other smartphones in this price range, a run for their money.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!