Oppo has launched its latest smartphone- Oppo A59, in China. As far as specifications of the phone are concerned, it is powered by a 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor paired with Mali-T860 GPU. The device features a 5.5-inch HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. It houses 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
On imaging front, the Oppo A59 sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash while there is also an 8 mega pixel front facing camera. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system with Color OS 3.0 UI on top. Backed up by a 3075mAh battery, it measures 154.5x76x7.38 mm and weighs 160 grams. Connectivity options which the dual SIM phone offers, include 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS.
It features unibody metal design and packs a fingerprint scanner integrated into the home button which is claimed to unlock the phone in 0.22 seconds.
Specifications & Features Of Oppo A59
- Processor: 64-bit 1.5GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750
- GPU: Mali-T860
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop with Color OS 3.0 UI
- Display: 5.5-inch HD IPS (1280×720 pixels resolution, 267ppi pixel density, 2.5D curved glass)
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 mega pixel with f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 3075mAh
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 154.5x76x7.38 mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Oppo A59 is priced at CNY 1799 (approximately Rs. 18,300). It is up for pre-orders in China and will be available to buy from June 18, 2016. It will be available to buy in Gold and Rose Gold color options. There is no word on global pricing and availability of the phone as of now.