Panasonic has launched its Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 tablet in the United States. Under the hood, the tablet packs a 2.44GHz Intel Atom x5-Z8550 processor coupled with Intel HD graphics 400. On the front, it features a 10.1-inch WUXGA 10- finger multi-touch display with 1920×1200 pixels resolution. On the software front, it runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system.
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 houses 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory. It supports expandable storage using microSD card. In the photography department, it comes with an 8 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2 mega pixel front facing camera. Connectivity options which the tablet offers, include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, a USB Type-C port and an HDMI port.
The device features IP65 certification for resistance against water and dust. It is also claimed to survive drops up to 120cm. Backed up by a 2720mAh battery, the company claims it to deliver up to 9 hours of battery life. It measures 16.4mm in thickness and weighs 880 grams. The tablet comes with a fan-less design.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2.44GHz Intel Atom x5-Z8550
- GPU: Intel HD graphics 400
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 10.1-inch WUXGA 10- finger multi-touch IPS (1920×1200 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 8 mega pixel with LED flash
- Front Camera: 2 mega pixel
- Battery: 2720mAh (up to 9 hours of battery life)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, a USB Type-C port and an HDMI port
- Weight: 880 grams
- IP65 water and dust resistant
- Integrated business expansion module (Smartcard Reader, Hot Swap battery) optional
Price & Availability
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 carries a price tag of $2189 (approximately Rs. 1,49,350) and is now available to buy in the United States. There is no word on whether the tablet will be launched in India or not.