After announcing the Samsung Galaxy A8 in China in July 2015, the company has launched the device in the Indian market. On design front, the device looks premium with metal frame and aluminum back. With just 5.9mm thickness, it is the slimmest phone from the company till date.
As far as specifications of the device are concerned, it is powered by an octa-core (1.8GHz Quad Core + 1.3GHz Quad Core) Exynos 5430 processor paired with 2GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system with TouchWiz UI, it features a 5.7-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. There is 32GB of inbuilt storage which is expandable up to 128GB using microSD card.
The Galaxy A8 sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and f/1.9 aperture while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera onboard. Backed up by a 3050mAh battery, it measures 158 x 76.8 x 5.9mm in dimensions and weighs 151 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It features fingerprint scanner integrated into home button.
Features and Specifications of Samsung Galaxy A8
- Processor: Octa-core (1.8GHz Quad Core + 1.3GHz Quad Core) Exynos 5430
- GPU: Mali T628
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920×1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 32GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and OIS
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 3050 mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 158 x 76.8 x 5.9mm
- Weight: 151 grams
- Color Options: Black, White and Gold
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A8 is priced at Rs. 32,500. It will go on sale in White, Black and Gold color options through retail stores and online stores across the country. The handset comes bundled with double data offer for 6 months for Airtel customers.
Stay tuned with us for more updates!