Samsung introduced its C series of smartphones with the launch of Galaxy C5 in 2016. Now the company has launched its successor, called the Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro. The phone packs a 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor paired with 4GB of RAM. Running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, it features a 5.2-inch full HD Super AMOLED display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution. It houses 64GB of internal memory and supports expandable storage up to 256GB via microSD card.
For photography buffs, the phone comes with a 16 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and f/1.9 aperture. There is also a 16 mega pixel front facing camera onboard for capturing selfies and making video calls. Equipped with a 2600mAh battery, the company claims it to deliver up to 296 hours of standby time. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C. The phone measures 145.7×71.4×7 mm and weighs 145 grams. The Galaxy C5 Pro features metal unibody design and comes with a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button.
Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro: Specifications & Features
- Processor: 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920×1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- Front Camera: 16 mega pixel
- Battery: 2600mah
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 145.7×71.4×7 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro carries a price tag of CNY 2499 (approximately Rs. 24,130) and comes in Gold, Blue and Pink color options. It is up for pre-order through Samsung China website and will go on sale in China starting March 16, 2017. There is no word yet on global roll out of the smartphone.