Samsung has launched the successor of Galaxy J2, called the Samsung Galaxy J2 2016 in India. Highlight of the phone is the Smart Glow ring on its back. It is like the next-gen LED notification system that allows users to color code their contacts, apps and phone usage alerts. Users can set priority alerts such that they will receive alerts on the smart Glow in selected colors for priority contacts and apps. The Smart Ring also glows to alert users about low battery, data usage and storage and also helps users in capturing selfies using the rear cam.
As for specifications, the Galaxy J2 2016 is powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core Spreadtrum SC7731 processor paired with 1.5GB of RAM. The phone runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system and features a 5-inch HD sAMOLED display with 1280×720 pixels resolution. It houses 8GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
It sports an 8 mega pixel rear camera and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. Backed up by a 2600mAh battery, it offers 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS as connectivity options. It also comes with Ultra Data Saving (UDS) mode powered by Opera Max and S bike mode.
Specifications & Features Of Samsung Galaxy J2 2016
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core Spreadtrum SC7731
- Display: 5-inch HD sAMOLED (1280×720 pixels resolution)
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- RAM: 1.5GB
- Storage: 8GB (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 8 mega pixel with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel
- Battery: 2600mAh
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS
- Dimensions: 142.4×71.1×8.0 mm
Price & Availability
There Samsung Galaxy J2 (2016) is priced at Rs. 9,750 and will be available to buy from both offline and online channels by the end of July 2016.