Samsung has finally launched its flagship phablet, Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in India. It was unveiled at the Unpacked event in New York last month alongside Galaxy S6 Edge+ which was launched in India for Rs. 57,900. The Galaxy Note 5 succeeds the Galaxy Note 4 and comes with several upgrades over its predecessor.
Under the hood, is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7422 processor paired with 4GB of RAM. It runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system with TouchWiz and features a 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution and Gorilla Glass 4 protection. Based on storage, it comes in two variants- 32GB and 64GB.
On camera front, the device sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with OIS (optical image stabilization) and a 5 mega pixel wide-angle front facing camera. Backed up by a 3000mAh battery, it measures 153.2×76.1×7.6mm in dimensions and weighs 171 grams. The smartphone offers 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC as connectivity options. The Galaxy Note 5 comes with S Pen with eject button using which it can be removed easily with a push. Users will not have to pull it out using their fingernails. On aesthetics front, it boasts of its all glass and aluminum design.
Features and Specifications Of Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7422
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED (2560×1440 pixels resolution, 518ppi and Gorilla Glass 4 protection)
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with OIS (optical image stabilization), f/1.9 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel wide angle, f/1.9 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh with Fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Dimensions: 153.2×76.1×7.6mm
- Weight: 171 grams
- S Pen
Price and Availability
The 32GB variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is priced at Rs. 53,900 while the 64GB variant is priced at Rs. 59,900. It will go on sale in India starting 20th September 2015.