Samsung has finally launched its much anticipated smartphone, called the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, at its Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event in New York. As expected, Samsung has skipping the Galaxy Note 6 altogether and jumped from Note 5 to Note 7 to make sure that the Note series lines up with the its latest flagship devices S7 and S7 Edge.
Under the hood, the Galaxy Note 7 is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 8890 processor paired with 4GB of RAM. The phone runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system. It features a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution. The display is protected against scratches by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
On camera front, it sports a dual pixel 12 mega pixel primary camera with dual LED flash while there is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera. For storage purpose, it houses 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The device is backed up by a 3500mAh battery and supports fast charging and wireless charging.
It also comes with a fingerprint sensor and an iris scanner that lets users unlock the phone using eye recognition. On design front, it features 3D glass and metal design. The device is IP68 certified for resistance against water and dust. It is a hybrid dual SIM phone that allows you to use either two SIM cards or one SIM card and one microSD card simultaneously.
Some other features include heart rate sensor and S Pen stylus. The enhanced S Pen stylus comes with improved pressure sensitivity compared to the predecessor and has a smaller 0.7mm tip. The S Pen is now water and dust resistant and comes with a host of new features such as Smart Select that lets users create and share GIF animations; and Air Command functions for Magnify and Translate.
Specifications & Features Of Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Exynos 8890 / Snapdragon 820
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED Curved dual edge (2560×1440 pixels resolution, 518ppi pixel density, Corning Gorilla Glass 5)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: Dual Pixel 12 mega pixel with dual LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, dual pixel PDAF,
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/1.7 aperture
- Battery: 3500mAh with fast charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 153.5×73.9×7.9 mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- Wireless charging
- Heart Rate Sensor, S Pen Stylus
- Fingerprint Sensor, Iris Scanner
Price & Availability
There is no word on pricing of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7. However, it will go on sale starting August 19, 2016. It will be available in Blue Coral, Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx color options.
Also Read: Samsung Galaxy J2 2016 Review With Video