After announcing the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphone alongside Galaxy Note 5 at an event in New York earlier this month, Samsung has launched the Galaxy S6 Edge+ in the Indian market. The Galaxy S6 Edge+ is essentially a bigger variant of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge which was launched earlier this year.
As for specifications the Galaxy S6 Edge+ is powered by a 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 processor coupled with Mali T760 GPU and 4GB of RAM. Running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz, it features a 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection.
There is 32GB of internal memory and the device lacks microSD card support. While Samsung has announced that it will also be launching 64GB variant, there is no specific timeline provided for it yet. The S6 Edge+ sports a 16 mega pixel rear camera with OIS (optical image stabilisation) and f/1.9 aperture. There is also a 5 mega pixel front facing camera onboard. Backed up by a 3000mAh battery, it measures 154.4×75.8×6.9mm in dimensions and weighs 153 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC.
Just like its predecessor, the S6 Edge+ sports dual edge display. It features curved display on both left and right edges which makes it easier to view notifications and launch applications.
Features and Specifications Of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420
- GPU: Mali T760
- Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD Super AMOLED (2560×1440 pixels resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection)
- RAM: 4GB
- ROM: 32GB
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with OIS (optical image stabilisation) and f/1.9 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/1.9 aperture
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Dimensions: 154.4×75.8×6.9mm
- Weight: 153 grams
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ is priced at Rs 57,900 and will go on sale in India starting August 28, 2015.