Alongside Galaxy S7, Samsung has launched its Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone, at its Unpacked event at MWC 2016.
Like the predecessor, the highlight of Galaxy S7 Edge is its curved display. While the Galaxy S6 Edge comes with single row of notifications on the sides, the S7 Edge features a new UI mode, called Edge Single Plus which has an additional row of notifications. Read on to find more details on specifications, features and availability of the handset.
As for specifications, the Galaxy S7 Edge will either be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset or Exynos 8890 chipset, both paired with 4GB of RAM. On software front, it runs Android Marshmallow operating system wrapped under TouchWiz UI. On the front, there is a 5.5-inch Quad HD curved display with 2560×1440 pixels resolution and 534 ppi pixel density. It flaunts an always on display, which shows time, date and important notifications without waking up the device.
The device sports a 12 mega pixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5 mega pixel secondary camera on the front. It comes in two storage variants- 32GB and 64GB, both of which are expandable up to 200GB via microSD card. Backed up by a 3600mAh battery, it supports fast charging and wireless charging. The device retains heart rate sensor as the predecessor and comes with a hybrid SIM slot, such that the secondary slot can be used either to insert a SIM card or a microSD card. The Galaxy S7 also comes with IP68 certification for resistance against water and dust.
Specifications & Features Of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Processor: Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor / Octa-Core Exynos 8890 (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UI
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels resolution, 534 ppi Super AMOLED, Always-on curved edge display)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB (expandable up to 200GB via microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel Dual Pixel with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with f/1.7 aperture
- Battery: 3600mAh with Fast Charging & Wireless Charging
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×7.7 mm
- Weight: 157 grams
- IP68 certified: Water and dust resistance
- Heart Rate Sensor
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will go on sale in March 2016. It will be available in Black Onyx, Gold Platinum, White Pearl and Silver Titanium color options.
Samsung has also announced the Gear 360 camera, at the same event. This device allows users to capture 360-degree view images or videos. The video created on Gear 360 can be played on the Gear VR headset. As for specifications, the Gear 360 features dual CMOS 15MP sensors with f/2.0 fisheye lenses. It comes with 1GB of RAM, removable 1350mAh battery and supports microSD cards up to 128GB. The device will be launched in Q2 2016.