Samsung has launched its Samsung Portable SSD T1, an external portable solid state drive (SSD) in the Indian market. This portable SSD comes with Samsung’s cutting-edge 3D Vertical NAND (V-NAND) technology and is touted as a high-performance memory storage device.
The device is focused towards business travellers, creative professionals and content creators so that they can transfer large amounts of data quickly. Compared to other hard drives available in the market, the Samsung Portable SSD T1 takes less time in copying or accessing the data.
Key Features of Samsung Portable SSD T1
- Features Samsung’s cutting-edge 3D Vertical NAND (V-NAND) technology.
- Up to 100 times faster write speed than an external hard disk drive.
- Suitable for gamers, media, movie production, architects, and designers.
- Sequential read/write speeds of up to 450 megabytes per second (MB/s).
- Random read/write speeds of up to 8,000 inputs/outputs per second (IOPS) and 21,000 IOPS, respectively.
- Features AES 256-bit hardware encryption.
- Shock resistant up to 1500G/0.5ms.
- Comes with Dynamic Thermal Guard, which activates in extreme temperature conditions for protection of the drive and stored data.
- Compact design.
- Weight: 30 grams (approx.)
- Dimensions: 71.0 x 9.2 x 53.2 mm
- Interface: Compatible with USB 3.0, 2.0
- Design: Black chrome metal coating along laser patterning.
- 3 years warranty.
The Samsung Portable SSD T1 will be available in three storage variants- 250 GB, 500 GB and 1 TB with 3 years warranty. It can be grabbed from e-commerce stores such as Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon. It will be available to buy from retail stores across the country in the coming days.
“We live in a digital age and with the proliferation of smart devices, the need for storage is on a rapid rise. We needed to think beyond the existing storage options and provide our consumers with mobility, capacity and security of performance. The Samsung SSD T1 helps users manage their data on the go, offering faster speeds and saving precious time of the users” said Mr Anuj Jain, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Business, Samsung India Electronics Ltd.