Sony took wraps off the Xperia T3 in India today. The smartphone features a quad core processor, super slim profile and weighs a mere 148 grams despite carrying a 5.3″ display. While the ergonomics look great, the specifications are equally good. Read on to find out the detailed specifications, price, availability and our take on the handset.
- 5.3″ HD Triluminous display 720×1280 (resolution) – 277 ppi
- 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 400 Quad Core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB Internal Memory with MicroSD expansion slot
- Adreno 305 Graphics processor unit
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- 8 MP Primary camera ( EXMOR RS sensor ) with AF and LED Flash, 1080p Video recording, HDR, Geo-tagging, face and smile detection
- 1.1 MP front camera with 720p video recording
- 7 mm thickness
- 148 grams weight
- Wi-Fi, GPS – GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0 Low energy, NFC
- 2500 mAh Li-Ion non removable battery module
A host of other software services are included like Social Live (Social media aggregater), AR Effect (Add sound effects and animations to photos/videos), Timeshift Burst (Just another fancy name for Burst mode in Camera), Creative Effects (Image/Video editing), Portrait Retouch (Live camera filters for clicking portraits), Easy transfer application is also present to help move contacts, photos, bookmarks, apps, music etc. from old Android/iOS device to the Xperia T3.
Price and Availability
The Sony Xperia T3 is up for pre order on Flipkart at a price of Rs. 26990. The phone will be available in Black, White and Purple color at Sony retail stores and all major electronic stores across India for Rs 27,990. Besides providing the device at a lower price , Flipkart is also offering a Sony SmartBand ( SWR-10 ) worth Rs. 5990 and a Case with the device.
Sony Xperia T3 looks great on paper. The sleek profile and light weight add to the overall appeal and it carries an equally good specification set.
While there are many other options in this size segment in Indian market, but Sony phones are well known for their superior display, good build and design language. We find the Xperia T3 a good value in its own segment, but it does have competition from many devices some of which are more powerful like the Galaxy Note 2, Gionee Elife E7 to name a few. We will give you more insights once we test the phone in our labs.