Sony kicking this year announced their flagship smartphone for the year 2014 that is Xperia Z2 at Mobile World Congress 2014 in Barcelona. Sony Xperia Z2 will be Xperia Z1’s successor featuring better hardware specifications and software features. Looking at the updates, it do feel like an increment to the flagship series.
Sony Xperia Z2 features a 5.2-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution powered by X-reality technology on Triluminos screen. It packs a Snapdragon 801 chipset which has been just launched by Qualcomm at the MWC itself. It comes paired with 3GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory which is further expandable up to 64GB via external microSD card. It is IP55 / IP58 certified making it water and dust resistance. It has 20.7MP rear shooter with G-lens and is capable of shooting 4K video right from the smartphone. More details are mentioned below.
Sony Xperia Z2 Specifications:
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels resolution) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 4K video recording.
- 2.2MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- IP55 / IP58 rating for dust and water resistance
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 64GB expandable memory support
- LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 3200 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
Sony will be launching Xperia Z2 in Black, White and Purple colors and will be globally available from March 2014. Sony Xperia Z1 Compact was announced at CES 2014 and was launched in India few days back. Let’s see when Sony launches the Xperia Z2 here in India.