The most exciting tech event CES 2015 has finally dwindled and it came up with a swarm of tech gadgets and wearables this year, attracting a wide range of tech savvy people. Garmin has launched 3 smartwatches at CES 2015, namely Garmin Epix, Fenix 3 and Vivoactive smartwatches. Apart from garmin, tech wearables of other manufacturers were also launched at the event. In this post ‘Top Tech Wearables Launched At CES 2015’ we will recap few of the most attractive tech wearables that were showcased by various tech giants at CES 2015. So lets have a quick glance at the key features, specifications and price of the top tech gadgets which were a hit at this years CES.
1. Garmin Fenix 3 Smartwatch
The Garmin Fenix 3 smartwatch comes with a 1.2 inch sunlight readable color Chroma display. It is equipped with an array of features like fitness features, outdoor navigation features etc. This device will be available in several variants. It is compatible with its own market store named as Connect IQ for accessing and customizing various free watch face designs, widgets and apps.
- Variants: Gray with black band, Silver with red band and Sapphire model with a stainless steel band
- Display: 1.2 inch
- Fitness Features: VO2 Max and Recovery Advisor
- Outdoor Navigation Features: 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, TracBack and Sight’n Go
- Connect IQ compatibility: For customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
- Battery life: up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode, up to 16 hours in GPS mode and up to 3 months in watch mode
- Compatibility: iPhone 4S & above, Android 4.3 or later, Phone must be Bluetooth Smart
- Price: It is expected to hit the markets in Q1 2015 with a price tag of $500 (Rs. 31,500 approximately) for the basic model
2. Garmin Epix Smartwatch
This smartwatch is again for outdoor navigation enthusiasts and provides them with hands free navigation. It houses a 1.4 inch color touchscreen display. It entails 8 GB of internal memory. This device is further pre-installed with a worldwide shaded relief basemap etc. This wearable is water resistant with 50 m water rating. It packs a powerful battery which is claimed to survive up to 24 hours in watch mode, up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode and up to 16 weeks in watch mode. This device boasts of EXO antenna with GPS and GLONASS support, auto-calibrating sensors, 3-axis electronic compass.
- Display: 1.4 inch
- In-built memory: 8 GB
- Battery Life: up to 24 hours in watch mode, up to 50 hours in UltraTrac mode and up to 16 weeks in watch mode
- Connect IQ Compatibility: For customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
- Additional Features: GPS and GLONASS support, Auto-calibrating sensors, 3-axis electronic compass
- Compatibility: iPhone 4S & above, Android 4.3 or later, Phone must be Bluetooth Smart.
- Price: $550 (Rs. 34,800 approximately)
3. Garmin Vivoactive Smartwatch
This is another tech wearable from Garmin, showcased at CES 2015. Vivoactive is more focused towards the sports enthusiasts people who love to do sports and work outs. It also supports access to Connect IQ app store. The battery life of this watch is up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS. Aditionally, for all these Garmin watches, Heart rate monitor is sold separately.
- Display: High-resolution color touchscreen
- Sports Apps: GPS-enabled running, biking and golfing plus swimming and activity tracking
- Connect IQ Compatiibility: For customized watch face designs, widgets and apps.store
- Battery Life: up to 3 weeks in watch/activity tracking mode or up to 10 hours using GPS
- Color Options: black or bright white with additional bands in leather black or white color.
- Price: $250 (Rs. 15,900 approximately)
4. Lenovo Vibe VB10 Band
Lenovo has also launched its tech wearable at CES 2015. It is equipped with features like Bluetooth, fitness functions and E Ink display which is glare free and allows users to have a clear look at the screen even in sunlight.
It is water resistant and its battery once charged can survive up to 7 days. It is compatible with smartphones running on iOS or Android and lets the users stay connected by displaying all smartphones notifications like phone calls, text messages, social media accounts etc. on its own screen. The fitness features provided on this gadget help users in maintaining their good heath.
Display: E Ink display
Features: Bluetooth, Fitness functions
Compatibility: Smartphones running on iOS or Android.
Price: It is priced at $89 ( Rs. 5,700 approximately) and it will be available starting from April 2015.
5. Sony Smartwatch 3 (Stainless Steel Edition)
Sony has also taken the wraps off its stainless steel based Sony Smartwatch 3 Android wear. It sports a 1.6 inch transflective LCD display with 320 x 320 pixels resolution. This watch also sports a built-in GPS to track the running of the user.
The pricing and availability details have not been announced yet. More details will be revealed in February 2015 by the company.
- Display: 1.6 inch transflective LCD display with 320 x 320 pixels resolution
- Features: Built-in GPS
- Stainless Steel
- Price: To be announced, expect it to be available in early 2015
Also Read: Best Tech Gifts Under Rs. 10,000 In India