After a slew of leaks and rumors, Xiaomi has finally taken the wraps off its Xiaomi Mi 4c smartphone in China. As for specifications, it is powered by a 64-bit hexa-core (1.4GHz Cortex-A53 quad-core + 1.8GHz Cortex-A57 dual-core) Snapdragon 808 processor paired with Adreno 418 GPU. It runs Android Lollipop wrapped under MIUI 7 and features a 5-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution.
Based on RAM and storage, it comes in two variants, one with 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage while other variant packs 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory. It sports a 13 mega pixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 5 mega pixel front facing camera with 85 degree wide angle lens.
Backed up by a 3080mAh battery, the device supports Quick Charge 2.0 technology. The Mi 4c measures 138.1×69.6×7.8mm in dimensions and weighs 132 grams. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C port. The device comes in white, yellow, blue and pink color variants with matte finish.
It comes loaded with several features like Edge Tap for taking selfies by tapping edge; Double tap to wake screen; and Infrared remote control feature.
Features & Specifications Of Xiaomi Mi 4c
- Processor: 64-bit hexa-core (1.4GHz Cortex-A53 quad-core + 1.8GHz Cortex-A57 dual-core) Snapdragon 808
- GPU: Adreno 418
- Operating System: Android 5.1 Lollipop with MIUI 7
- Display: 5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution, 441ppi pixel density)
- RAM: 2GB/3GB
- ROM: 16GB/32GB
- Rear Camera: 13 mega pixel with dual LED flash and PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 mega pixel with 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Battery: 3080mAh with Quick Charge 2.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 138.1×69.6×7.8 mm
- Weight: 132 grams
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 4c variant with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal memory is priced at CNY 1299 (approximately Rs. 13,500) while the variant with 3GB of RAM and 32GB inbuilt storage is priced at CNY 1499 (approximately Rs. 15,500). It will be available in China from mi.com and Tmall.com starting September 23. There is no word on global availability of the handset as of now.