After being leaked numerous times lately, the Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone has now finally seen light of the day. Xiaomi has introduced its latest flagship smartphone- Mi 5.
Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 chipset paired with Adreno 530 GPU. It comes in three variants- Snapdragon 820 2.15 GHz + 4GB RAM + 128GB storage, Snapdragon 820 2.15 GHz + 3GB RAM + 64GB storage and Snapdragon 820 1.8GHz + 3GB RAM + 32GB storage. The top variant with 4GB of RAM scores around 142,084 points on An tu tu benchmark.
On the front, it features a 5.15-inch full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution and curved 3D Ceramic glass. The phone comes with a fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button below the display. It sports a 16 mega pixel primary camera with PDAF, Sony IMX298 sensor, 6P lens, 4-axis OIS and sapphire glass protection lens. On the front, it has a 4 mega pixel front shooter for capturing selfies. The phone boasts of DTI isolation technology for better picture quality.
The device comes with USB Type-C port and is fueled by a 3000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 which is claimed to deliver talk time of up to 2.5 hours with just 5 minutes of charge. On software front, the Mi 5 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow, wrapped under MIUI 7. It measures 144.5×69.2×7.25 mm and weighs just 129 grams.
Mi 5 First Impressions Video
Specifications Of Xiaomi Mi 5
- Processor: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels, Curved 3D Ceramic Glass, 600 nits brightness)
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- ROM: 32GB/64GB/128GB UFS 2.0
- Rear Camera: 16 mega pixel with dual LED flash, PDAF, Sony IMX298 sensor, 6P lens, 4-axis OIS and sapphire glass protection lens, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 4 mega pixel with 2 micron pixels
- Battery: 3000mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC
- Dimensions: 144.5×69.2×7.25mm
- Weight: 129 grams
- Colors: Black, White, Gold
- Dual SIM
Price & Availability
The Mi 5 Pro with Snapdragon 820 2.15 GHz + 4GB RAM + 128GB storage + 3D Ceramic body variant is priced at CNY 2699 (approx. Rs. 28,300), Snapdragon 820 2.15 GHz + 3GB RAM + 64GB storage + 3D glass body variant is priced at CNY 2299 (approx. 24,000) and Snapdragon 820 1.8GHz + 3GB RAM + 32GB storage + 3D Glass body variant carries a price tag of CNY 1999 (approx. Rs. 21,000). It will go on sale in China starting March 1. 2016.
Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 India Launch On March 3