Xiaomi has launched its Xiaomi Mi 5s smartphone at an event today in China. The Mi 5s is a more powerful variant of Xiaomi’s latest flagship phone- Mi5 and comes with several upgrades over the predecessor. Read on to find more details.
The Mi 5s is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoC paired with Adreno 530 GPU. It runs Android 6.0 operating system with MIUI 8 and features a full HD display with 1920×1080 pixels resolution.
Based on RAM+storage, it comes in two variants- 3GB RAM+ 64GB storage / 4GB RAM+128GB storage. For photography lovers, the smartphone sports a 12 mega pixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX378 sensor and 4K video recording. There is a 4 mega pixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. Also onboard is a 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. It is also equipped with an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor.
Specifications & Features Of Xiaomi Mi 5s
- Processor: 64-bit 2.15GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels resolution)
- RAM+Storage: 3GB RAM+ 64GB storage / 4GB RAM+128GB storage
- Rear Camera: 12 mega pixel with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Sony IMX378 sensor and 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 4 mega pixel with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3200mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetootj, GPS, NFC and USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 145.6x 70.3x 8.25 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor
Price & Availability
The Xiaomi Mi 5s carries a price tag of 1999 Yuan (approximately Rs. 19,900) for the 3GB RAM+64GB storage variant and 2299 Yuan (approximately Rs. 22,900) for 4GB RAM+128GB storage variant. It will go on sale in China starting September 29.
To recall, the Xiaomi Mi 5 was launched in India in March 2016 for Rs. 24,999. It comes with a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, 3GB of RAM, 5.15-inch Full HD display, 32GB storage, 16 mega pixel with dual LED flash, 4 mega pixel front camera with 2 micron pixels and 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support. Read more about Xiaomi Mi 5 here.